Friday, August 31, 2012

My Ludum Dare 24 Entry

This is about the game I recently made in 48 hours for the competition, LD24.

I spent my whole first day (15 hours maybe totally) making the game except the sounds and music. I came to Istanbul and spent my time with friends, I only spent 3 hours on quick music making (my first time using the music making-recording-producing program Nuendo) and weird sounds all with my mouth. I hoped it to be a funny game and it made some people laugh, so I'm happy with the result.

The resolution of the game is 80x60. It was a lot of fun to make a game of that resolution. The text barely fit the screen, and it was a lot of fun to draw very pixel-based sprites.

It also got some attention with the mechanic of the game, which allows you to make your enemies your allies. You remember that guy from Age of Empires 2 who yells WOLOLOO and makes the enemy soldiers ours? Well, why don't you just play the game here:

No comments:

Post a Comment